It’s National Stress Awareness Day, but what does that mean to me…?
Three-quarters of adults in the UK have reported feeling so stressed over the past year that they felt overwhelmed or unable to cope. Stress can affect anyone and everyone, many are stressed and don’t even understand the severe impact stress is having on their lives.
It’s important to know the signs of stress…
Signs of stress in school/college/educational institution
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Procrastinating and neglecting academics
- Feel short of breath or breathe very fast
- Snapping at people
- Difficulties concentrating
- Difficulties sleeping
- Constantly worried
Signs of stress in the workplace
- Decrease in self-confidence
- Holding yourself responsible for negative outcomes
- Taking extra time off
- Feeling withdrawn, losing your drive and motivation
- Minimising successes due to focus on challenges
- Avoiding certain tasks
- Intense emotional reactions
- Jumping to conclusions without considering the facts
- Working long hours/working through holidays
Things that can help with work stress:
- Take control
- The feeling of loss of control is one of the main causes of stress and lack of wellbeing
- This can help to clear your thoughts and deal with your problems in a more rational way
- Connect with people
- Challenge yourself
- Be positive
- Avoid unhealthy habits
Things that can help with Student stress:
- Ask yourself this question: What is it that is making you feel stressed?
- Narrow it down, and trace the stress that you’re feeling back to its origins, that way you can solve the problem at its core!
- Plan your time, this will help you to keep track of your work
- Be healthy – sleep, eat a balanced diet, make sure that you give yourself time to relax as well as studying
- Talk to a friend, tutor or someone in your family about your stress.
At LLC we offer Study Programmes for young people aged 16-18 (or 24 with an EHCP). With our study programmes, you will gain specialised knowledge in your chosen field, and invaluable soft skills acquired through work experience and personal development. Thus making you well-prepared for an apprenticeship, university, employment or even self-employment.
One great benefit of the study programmes here at LLC is the pastoral support that all learners will receive, we have an amazing team of qualified professionals who are also approachable and friendly. You will receive guidance, advice and help from your pastoral support officer for the duration of your programme, you will also receive support and guidance once you complete the programme.
For more information on Study Programmes and how to apply please click here