Breakdown of Hours
This course is delivered flexibly through monthly one-to-one sessions with your assessor, arranged at a time and date to suit you.
You will also communicate through Microsoft Teams, emails and phone appointments in between your monthly sessions to keep you on track to achieve your qualification. A minimum of 100 hours of study time is required.
8-12 Months depending on how much independent study you complete. Your assessor will make monthly one to one appointments with you at your work place.
This qualification provides you with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. It covers all aspects of specialist support including planning; delivering and reviewing assessment strategies to support learning alongside the teacher; bilingual support; special needs support; and personal development and reflective practice.
The Level 3 Diploma has been allocated UCAS points. Please refer to the UCAS website for further details of the points allocation and the most up-to-date information.
This qualification provides you with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments. This qualification will equip you with knowledge, understanding and skills in a range of key subject areas, including:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Planning and preparing for learning activities.
- Using assessment strategies to promote learning.
- Creating a positive environment to support the speech, language and communication development of children and young people.
- Responding to behaviour that challenges.
This qualification provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work in a variety of unsupervised job roles that support children and young people’s learning in schools or colleges. Roles the qualification will prepare you for include: Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, and Special Needs Assistant.
Who is this course for?
This Level 3 course is ideal if you have significant experience as a school support worker and wish to move into a more specialised role - in administration, learning support and management.
- Become more specialised in your field of choice.
- Nationally-recognised accredited qualification.
- The first step to progressing onto higher educational job roles.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way.
- You will have access to additional support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies.
- You should be at least working towards Level 2 for English and Level 1 for Maths.
- You will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement as you will need to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
- If you are joining an online course then you should have IT skills Entry Level to enable you to access your sessions.
Assessment will be via assignments, case studies, observations of work practices, expert witness testimonies, simulation and professional discussion.
Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, City & Guilds.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
This qualification provides you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work in a variety of unsupervised job roles that support children and young people's learning in schools or colleges.
Roles the qualification will prepare you for include Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, and Special Needs Assistant. You can also progress to higher-level qualifications.
Delivered online and through work placement observations.
Price and Funding
This course is funded through the Advanced Learning Loan, subject to eligibility criteria. Visit the Government Website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Alternatively, you can self-fund. Payments in instalments are available.
You will be advised regarding your eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.