Breakdown of Hours
This course is delivered flexibly through monthly 1-2-1 sessions with your assessor, arranged at a time and date to suit you.
You will also communicate through Microsoft Teams, emails and phone appointments in between your monthly sessions to keep you on track to achieve your qualification.
9-12 months depending on how much independent study you complete. Your assessor will make monthly one to one appointments with you at your work place.
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement will allow you to assess learners’ work in a workplace or vocational setting. Having this qualification will allow you to: improve your employability chances, work for training providers or colleges, or to provide training and assessment in your areas of vocational competence.
Who knows, you could be the next LLC Assessor!
The TAQA units and qualifications provide people who carry out assessment and internal quality assurance roles in their organisation with the opportunity to develop and improve their practice as well as achieve a professional qualification for their roles. They have been developed for those working in accredited learning, non-accredited learning, the NQF and the QCF. You will cover all the essential principles and practices of training assessment and quality assurance; including assessing competence and achievement. The qualifications consist of a mix of units – some competence-based and some knowledge-based units.
Who is this course for?
Anyone who wants to become an Assessor in the further education industry. Ranging from childcare to management. This qualification is for anyone working in or hoping to take up a role in assessing. The qualification is suitable for anyone who is interested in or needs to know about assessment and quality assurance. The course provides practitioners with the skills to assess the achievement of competence in a work environment and assess achievement in vocationally related situations.
- Nationally recognised accredited qualification.
- Fully funded, even if you are employed.
- Delivered on a one-to-one basis.
- Intense and fast track to enable you to progress at your own pace. Flexible methods of delivery which enable you to work around other commitments.
- Support from highly qualified and sector-experienced tutors.
- Can enhance your skills to help you progress in your career.
- Access to high-quality resources.
- The course is modular to help you build your confidence and skills.
- Applicants should be qualified to a minimum Level 3 prior attainment in the area they wish to assess in and have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, with sufficient occupational competency in the area you wish to assess.
- You should have English and Maths at Level 2 or be prepared to work towards these alongside your TAQA.
- If you are joining an online course then you should have IT skills at Entry Level to enable you to access your sessions.
There will be different assessment methods depending on the unit. Assessment methods include observation, witness testimony, interview and discussion, oral and written questions, assignments, projects, and case studies.
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement, City and Guilds.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
This qualification can help you to progress your career as a qualified assessor and trainer. Candidates may also choose to undertake further related qualifications including PTLLS, DTLLS and QTLLS.
Delivered online and through observations.
Price and Funding
This course is funded through the Advanced Learning Loan, subject to eligibility criteria. Visit the Government Website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Alternatively, you can self-fund. Payments in instalments are available.
You will be advised regarding your eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.