Discretionary Learner Support Fund (DLS)
LLC has limited funding available through the Discretionary Learner Support Fund (DLS) to offer our learners that may need financial support towards their studies and meet the eligibility criteria.
How can we help you?
- Covering costs of travel to and from courses, or work placements, especially if your journeys exceed five miles, or involve more than one bus or tram.
- Contribution towards childcare costs.
- Fund Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- Cover expenses of Exams costs, tuition and registration, in case your course is being co-funded.
The Eligibility Criteria:
- You must be 19 or over on 31st of August 2019.
- Be eligible for our courses.
- Must show commitment and have an attendance rate of 85% minimum.
- Be resident in London, within eligible postcodes.
- You will be asked to complete a Discretionary Learner Support Fund application form, with the support of our team.
- Your application will be reviewed.
- When approved, the payments will be made to the appropriate account.
We have limited spaces available so call now to avoid disappointment and is subject to eligibility.
Please find the Discretionary Learner Support (DLS) Policy 2019/2020 and the application form here.
Providing you meet the eligibility criteria, the DLS bursary may cover travel costs, childcare costs, tuition fees etc. For more information about this scheme please visit www.gov.uk/discretionary-learner-support
Advanced Learning Loans
You may qualify for an Advanced Learning Loan to help with the cost of your programme fees. Most learners aged 19 and over, studying at Level 3 to Level 6, will qualify for these loans from the UK government. It’s easy to apply, your household income isn’t taken into account and there’s no credit check. You won’t have to pay anything back until your income is over £21,000 a year.
To qualify for an advanced learning loan you must be:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in the UK on the first day of your training and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for three years immediately before.
- Enrolling on a Level 3 to 6 qualification
How to apply
Applying is easy; you can apply online or download an application form from www.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans
For more information about Advanced Learning Loans please visit: www.gov.uk/advanced-learning-loans/overview
Classroom Based Courses
Apprenticeships for 16-18 Years of Age
Apprenticeships for 19-23 Years of Age
Depending on your circumstances these programmes may be co-funded. Please call us on 020 8680 9803 to discuss funding opportunities. Alternatively Email: firstname.lastname@example.org