Talent Match Croydon is a project run by London Youth in partnership with London Learning Consortium and funded by the Big Lottery Fund.
Talent Match Croydon is designed to support 18 to 24 years old who have been out of work or training for over 12 months.
Talent Match Croydon brings together a range of local organisations in Croydon to help young people overcome the barriers they’re facing, and uses feedback from young people to help make decissions on delivery, marketing and events.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR SUPPORT FROM TALENT MATCH? - 18 to 24 years old, at the time of referral - Unemployed / seeking work for 12 months or more - Facing barriers to entering employment, education or training
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE?
We work with local and national employers, education providers and other charities to provide support, such as:
• One-to-one support – tailored to a young person’s needs, to address any barriers to positive progression
• Career mentors – meet with a young person to match their interests and hobbies to an opportunity such as a job, work-placement or training course
• Increased confidence and motivation through a range of experiences and support
• Optional support to start up a business
• Develop skills for employment through fully funded courses
• Ongoing support after getting a job – this could be for up to 18 months