Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Level 3 Award in Education and Training
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training. This Award is for new entrants to the Lifelong Learning Sector – you don’t need any prior teaching experience or qualifications. It also suits people working in the area already who want to gain official qualifications. This might be in the adult, community or further education, in the voluntary sector, Arm forces, Beauty industry, In-house training and trade unions or at work. The course leads to a national qualification, it is also required before, or as, you start teaching in the lifelong learning sector. This qualification will provide you with a full licence to teach in the lifelong learning sector.
What you will learn
The course provides a toolkit of knowledge and skills that you need to start teaching: understanding the needs of the adult learner, planning lessons, using different teaching approaches and resources, checking learning and teaching inclusively, learning environment, the principle of assessment, communication skills used in teaching and training, etc.
To be awarded the Level 3 Award in Education and Training, learners are required to successfully complete 3 units.
- Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training
- Understanding and Using Inclusive Teaching and Learning Approaches in Education and Training
- Understanding Assessment in Education and Training
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is a competence-based qualification which is internally assessed through a portfolio of evidence, which is externally quality assured.
There is a minimum requirement for trainee teachers to engage in observed and assessed microteaching for the following optional unit:
- Unit 02 Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
For this unit, trainee teachers must be involved in at least 1 hour of microteaching. Each trainee teacher must deliver at least one 15-minute microteaching session that is observed and assessed by a member of the delivery team. For the additional 45 minutes, trainee teachers can either deliver additional microteaching sessions or observe the microteaching sessions of other trainee teachers.
Trainee teachers who are currently teaching may prefer to use their practice instead of microteaching to meet the requirements of this unit.
Training will be delivered via blended learning in 1-1 or small groups, online classes, and face-to-face sessions with your tutor. You will also undertake teaching & learning activities through self-directed study. At the end of the programme, you will submit a portfolio of evidence for assessment.
London Learning Consortium (LLC) is delighted to be able to offer this programme, regardless of your employment status. This is a great opportunity to gain a nationally recognised qualification and progress in your career.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to further study:
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Learners may also progress into employment as a tutor within:
- Further education colleges
- Adult and community education providers
- Offender education
- Work-based learning providers
- The third/voluntary sector
- Independent training organisations.
The course will be delivered online. Face to face sessions will take place at LLC, Christopher Wren yard. 119 High Street, CR0 1QG. If this is not possible please discuss this with your adviser as we can also offer flexible alternatives for attendance on your course.
Aged 19 or over. Have an interest in teaching or assessing adults. Knowledge of the subject you wish to teach/deliver. English and Maths at Level 2 or above.
Level 3 Award in Education and training NCFE
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those interested in a career teaching adult learners.
- At the end of your course, you may apply for teaching positions available at LLC
- Gain a nationally-recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Flexible delivery model, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed
At LLC, we recognise that having motivated, well-trained, and qualified teachers are essential to ensuring a high-quality learning experience for our learners.
We are keen to harness and grow the talent and skills of new and existing teachers and learners who join LLC by encouraging participation in our ‘Home Grown Teachers’ Programme.
LLC can help by:
- Providing access to fully funded or part-funded training (dependent on eligibility and in line with LLC’s CPD Policy)
- Classroom teaching practice
- Build your portfolio of assessment
- Opportunity to shadow LLC’s team of experienced tutors and assessors
- Support from an experienced mentor
- Provide guaranteed interviews for our teaching and assessing vacancies
You must live in the UK to apply for this course. If you are interested in applying, please complete the following quick form and we will be in contact to support you with your application. You will receive useful information about whether you are eligible for government funding, course fees, start dates and much more.
Start dates are available on demand.
Course length: 6-12 weeks depending on mode of attendance.
This course is flexible and learners can attend the following options:
Option – 1 - 4hrs per week * 6 weeks
Option 2 – 2hrs per week for 12 weeks
Courses will run on the following days:
Tues pm 1.00-3.00 pm
Thu pm 1.00-3.00 pm
Sat 10.00-1.00 pm
Thu 6.00-8.00 pm
This is a self-funded course for £672 but can be paid in instalments.
You can also join LLC’s ‘Home Grown Tutor’ Programme, which offers subsidised fees for those with relevant occupational subject expertise wishing to secure employment with LLC. Please contact us for further details