Get Into Games Development
Get Into Games Development
Get into Games Development is a full-time Study Programme running from November 2020 to July 2021. Throughout the course you will learn key skills and software to get you started on your journey towards a successful career in the Games industry, as well as discover the many different creative and technical roles within the world of Games Development.
You will undertake research and pre-production techniques which will help you to develop your own characters and environments, 2D animations, 3D assets and narrative ideas using industry-standard practices and software such as Blender, and Construct 2 amongst many others.
As aspiring industry professionals, you will take part in and stage your own game jams to develop new skills and keep on top of industry trends.
This course is nationally recognised by the games industry and, with an appropriate portfolio of work, could lead to junior positions in art, animation, or design. There is also the potential for positions in the animation, film and television industries using similar skills gained on the course.
Following the year on programme you will be able to progress onto a Level 3 Games Development programme or into a Traineeship with a placement in the Games Industry.
An interest in Games Development and a commitment to attend and complete the programme. You must be 16-19 years old (up to the age of 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan) and be eligible to reside and learn in the UK.
NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Creative Media (Games pathway). Functional Skills or GCSE Maths & English if not already attained.
Who is this course for?
This programme is a new course designed for young people 16-19 years of age (or 25 if you have an EHC plan) who are looking to gain qualifications and preparation to move into further training (ie level 3 games Development), employment/self-employment or an apprenticeship.
This course is for those who wish to work in the games or animation industries in a creative capacity, developing original game concepts, characters, environments, and narratives. The course is designed to introduce pre-production and production processes related to these areas.
- Understand career routes into the Games Industry.
- Learn the core skills needed to move towards a career in Games Development including 2D & 3D asset creation, narrative and game design.
- Organise and take part in your own Games Jams.
- Nationally recognised qualification in the games industry.
- Build a portfolio of your work to showcase to potential employers.
- A high-quality work placement of at least 70 hours experience and friendly tutors who really know how to get the best out of young people.
- Financial support for travel, childcare or a disability.
- Enhance your employability and study skills.
- Gain Functional Skills / GCSE English & Maths if not previously attained.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following quick form and we will be in contact to support you with your application. You will receive useful information about whether you are eligible for government funding, course fees, start dates and much more.
24th November 2020
9th July 2021
Tue / Thu: 9.45 am – 4.20 pm
Fri: 9.45 am – 12.40 pm
Fully funded subject to eligibility criteria