Functional Skills ICT
Functional Skills ICT
The Functional Skills Qualifications in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) aims to equip learners with skills and confidence to apply, combine and adapt their ICT knowledge and skills to new situations.
Additionally, our aim is to emphasise the benefit of ICT to people who have been ‘Turned off’ by the subject.
You will complete 1 ICT assessment. Online or paper-based options are available. A single assessment covers all the Functional Skills ICT criteria. It can be attempted as soon as the candidate is ready. The exam will be externally marked by City & Guilds.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for students of various ages and from a diverse background in term of lifelong learning.
Teaching will be done in groups of 10-15 learners with your tutor.
You will be expected to undertake independent practice, having access to a computer is essential.
WHAT THIS COURSE COVER:
- Interact with ICT for a given purpose
- Follow recommended safe practices
- Use ICT to plan and organise work
- Select and use software applications to meet needs and solve straightforward problems
- Adjust system settings as appropriate to individual needs
- Work with files, folders and other media access, organise, store, label and retrieve information
- Demonstrate how to create, use and maintain secure passwords
- Demonstrate how to minimise the risk of computer viruses
- Use of reach engines to answer queries
- Recognise and take account of currency, relevance, bias and copyright when selecting and using information
- Apply editing, formatting and layout techniques to meet needs, including text, tables, graphics, records, numbers, charts, graphs or other digital content
- Developing, presenting and communicating information
- Read, send and receive electronic messages with attachment
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following quick form and we will be in contact to support you with your application. You will receive useful information about whether you are eligible for government funding, course fees, start dates and much more.
Various start dates.
FAST TRACK - 2 days per week for 7 weeks
STANDARD - 2 days per week for 2 weeks, following by 1 day per week for 10 weeks
Fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.