Enhanced Living Skills
Enhanced Living Skills
Enhanced Living Skills is a short course (6 days), which aims to support participants within a mental health/care setting. The course equips them with the skills, knowledge and tools to make and sustain positive changes.
As the course develops, learners will explore the concepts learned identifying what they can do enhance their life skills, health and decision making, whilst encouraging independent thinking and goal setting for a more independent, brighter future.
As a learner, you will be able to:
- Learn how to enhance your life skills, money management and wellbeing
- Understand more about maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Learn tools and techniques to maintain self – esteem & self – confidence and resilience
- Set goals and create an action plan
- Build upon authentic daily living experiences, whilst promoting healthy habits, appropriate behaviour, teamwork and a sense of responsibility.
- To enhance emotional, personal, and social development.
- To open opportunities to learn new skills or to increase existing skills.
- To prepare learners for independent participation in life skills and life events.
- To introduce individuals to structured activity such as voluntary or paid work.
- Improve learner’s confidence to speak up in front of other people and promote themselves.
Non-accredited but you will receive a certificate of attendance.
Who is this course for?
People who are living with Mental Health conditions and want to have more understanding and take control of their wellbeing and work towards independence.
- More control over your every-day tasks
- Enhanced life skills such as money management, hygiene, organisation
- Increased understanding of healthy living choices (smoking, eating, exercise, medications, COVID-19)
- A better understanding of how to manage yourself in different situations such as a workplace or voluntary work.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem,
- Learn techniques to improve resilience
- How to set goals and develop an action plan to keep you on track.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following quick form and we will be in contact to support you with your application. You will receive useful information about whether you are eligible for government funding, course fees, start dates and much more.
We have a variety of start dates every month
Fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.