Digital Skills Level 1
Digital Skills Level 1
The purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to develop an understanding of, and competency in, digital literacy skills. It will help learners progress to a work role where digital literacy skills are required.
This qualification will:
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical skills required when using ICT systems.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable learners to:
- Use digital skills in personal and business situations.
- Understand how to maintain safety and security when using digital data and devices.
- Find and use information.
- Use digital resources to facilitate your own learning and career progression.
- Communicate socially and professionally using digital technology.
- Use word processing software to create straightforward text and documents.
CPD & Attendance non-regulated only.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills (ITQ).
Classroom Online. We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning to support you through these difficult times. You can still expect the same high standards of support from our tutors who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of Zoom seminars and Teams online classes. You can also expect regular one to one support via e-mail and phone calls.
You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
No requirements necessary, but it would be very beneficial to have at least an Entry Level qualification in ICT.
Level in Digital Skills.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone wanting to improve their understanding and confidence using various ICT based systems to complete everyday personal and professional tasks. Few people would argue with the idea that digital skills are key to modern life. General communication, job searches and applications, marketing a business and entertainment are all done online and require some ICT knowledge. The speed and responsiveness of the digital world are great for those of us able to make use of it, however what about for those of us in need of digital skills training?
What do you do if you can’t tell your .pdf from your .docx, let alone make head nor tail of online marketing technology? Those without access to or the knowledge to use the vast power of the internet are being slowly left behind as society digitises.
- Improving your digital skills can motivate you to complete a wider variety of tasks at work.
- You will feel more confident applying for a larger number of jobs.
- You will be able to complete ICT based tasks quicker and more efficiently.
- You can save time and money by shopping online.
- Stay up to date with family and friends on social media.
- You’ll know how to stay safe on the internet and avoid cybercrime.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following quick form and we will be in contact to support you with your application. You will receive useful information about whether you are eligible for government funding, course fees, start dates and much more.
We have a variety of start dates every month
2 days, 5 hours per day.
Fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.