ABC – All About Construction
ABC – All About Construction
All About Construction (ABC) is the way forward for those who want to start work in construction but don’t yet possess the relevant qualifications, CSCS card and that vital experience that helps you get your foot in the door with employers.
LLC is delighted to be able to offer exactly what you need, but also free breakfast and lunch.
We will also help you find your placement for you to complete your qualification and even more importantly, we will help you get that first job at the end of your training.
Furthermore, we will also be supporting you with your English and Maths, because if you’re going to be laying foundations, tiling or even pricing up jobs (if you chose to go self-employed) these topics are vital for your success.
Course content includes:
- Health and Safety & Working in Construction
- Preparing for CSCS Card assessment
- Manual Handling
- Traffic Marshalling
- First Aid
- Maths and English Functional Skills
- Employability Skills
- Work placement
This course is fully funded subject to the following criteria:
- Not in employment, education or training
- Live in the UK
- Resident in the EU for at least 3 years
- You are aged 19-24
London Learning Consortium
Christopher Wren Yard, 119 High St, Croydon CR0 1QG
Learners should have basic English and Maths skills which will be assessed at interview. Must be willing to complete 100 hours of work placement. Attend 95% of teaching days (Minimum). Punctuality is key, if you can’t get to class on time then you will struggle to become employed.
CSCS Card. Certificate in Personal Development for Employment. Functional Skills English and Maths.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for 19-24-year-olds who want to start work in construction and are unemployed, not in training or education.
- Financial support to help you complete your course ie free breakfast and lunch
- Intensive 12-week course preparing you rapidly for work
- Weekly 121 support as well as class tuition
- Support into employment or further training, it’s up to you!
- The course will improve your understanding of construction, both as self-employed and employed and enhance your employability skills
- High-quality teaching from understanding and helpful tutors who will help you manage your studies and keep you on track
- Access to a wealth of materials to support you in achieving your qualification
- Join our brand new alumni group to keep in contact and share ideas/experiences
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following quick form and we will be in contact to support you with your application. You will receive useful information about whether you are eligible for government funding, course fees, start dates and much more.
17th August 2020
20th November 2020
10 am – 4 pm
Fully funded subject to the following criteria:
Not in employment, education or training
Live in the UK
Resident in the EU for at least 3 years
You are aged 19-24