Breakdown of Hours
This course is delivered flexibly through monthly one-to-one sessions with your assessor, arranged at a time and date to suit you. You will also communicate through Teams, emails and phone appointments in between your monthly sessions to keep you on track to achieve your qualification. Learners are expected to study between 60-80 hrs.
Level three qualifications are for those in or aspiring to a supervisory or management role in housing or are in their first supervisory role. The course is designed to explore in greater depth the contextual and specialised knowledge for the housing professional.
On completion of a qualification at this level you can become a certified practitioner member of CIH.
Who is this course for?
The course is for someone who has at least 9 months' experience. You can be someone who wants to become a team manager or a learner who has completed the CIH Level 2 Certificate in Housing.
- You will gain insight about different housing issues, i.e. Equality and Diversity; The Housing System; Occupancy, tenure and lettings are just a few of the options we offer. In total, we offer 21 different options from the CIH qualification specification.
- You will learn to think about your organisation more holistically.
- You will be able to learn about best practices.
- You will be able to understand how your organisation deals with issues such as Anti-Social Behaviour or involving service users.
- You will be able to learn more about your organisation's policies and procedures.
- You will reflect on your own professional practice to look at where you need to improve.
- You will be able to reflect on your professional progression.
CIH Membership Benefits
By being a member of the UK's biggest housing professional network, you gain exclusive access to a huge range of member benefits. Members get free passage to the latest sector-leading knowledge and best practice; free attendance at over 100 local events and training and a whole host of digital resources available at the click of a button.
As a member you will gain professional recognition across the sector and beyond, demonstrating your commitment to creating a housing system in which everyone has a place to call home.
Why join CIH?
- We support you as a professional.
- You'll get recognition across the sector.
- You'll be part of a global community.
- We champion your continuous professional development.
- You'll receive access to free events, discounted training and much more.
You must live in the UK to apply for this course. GCSE Maths and English (Grade C or current equivalent) and has a minimum of 9 months of housing experience or completed CIH Level 2 course.
This qualification is a competency and knowledge-based qualification which is assessed by completing coursework, and e-assessment producing a portfolio of evidence and assignments.
Level 3 Diploma in Housing, CIH.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into further learning and higher degree level qualifications or specialist housing qualifications Level 3 Certificate in Letting and Managing Residential Property.
Some learners may find employment in the Housing sector in a management role.
Delivered online and face-to-face as appropriate.
Price and Funding
This course is funded through the Advanced Learning Loan, subject to eligibility criteria. Visit the Government Website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Alternatively, you can self-fund. Payments in instalments are available.
You will be advised regarding your eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.