Breakdown of Hours
This course is delivered flexibly through monthly one-to-one sessions with your assessor, arranged at a time and date to suit you.
You will also communicate through Microsoft Teams, emails and phone appointments in between your monthly sessions to keep you on track to achieve your qualification.
A minimum of 350 hours of work placement time is required.
12-18 months depending on how much independent study you complete. Your assessor will make monthly one-to-one appointments with you at your workplace.
Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurses and childminders, are a vital backbone of children’s welfare, safety and development. Working within a range of settings including full day-care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes and as childminders, this qualification allows you to build upon your existing knowledge.
You will be responsible for the children from birth to 5, ensuring that you give them the best possible start in life and knowing you made a difference. This is a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your passion against the new standards and will teach you how to develop your knowledge, skills and behaviours.
We have structured the units around three themes:
- Theme 1: Health and well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
Placements are required for the achievement of this qualification. A minimum of 350 placement hours is required. During placement, learners will need support from a professional within the real work environment who will be required to complete professional development records.
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will gain the licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators. You can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as Assistant in Children’s Centres, Practitioner in Nursery Schools, Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools, and preschool worker.
Who is this course for?
People employed in Childcare and seeking career progression to a more senior role or those seeking to enter the profession. You may already have some work experience but no formal qualifications.
- Become more specialised in your field of choice.
- Nationally recognised accredited qualification.
- The first step to progressing onto higher educational job roles.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way. In addition, you will have access to additional support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies. Our online learning materials are high quality, interactive and accessible in different formats to ensure you will be successful with whatever you choose to study.
19 or over and do not already have a level 3 qualification.
- You must have UK residency for at least 3 years and currently be living in London.
- You must have the required equivalent level of Maths and English for the course.
- Unemployed or Employed
(if employed not earning over London Living Wage of £23,300 per annum)
- Must have voluntary work
experience placement or employed with childcare provider.
- Are 19 or over and do not already have a level 3 qualification.
Assessment will be via assignments, case studies, observations of work practices, expert witness testimonies, simulation and professional discussion.
Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator), City & Guilds.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Upon achievement of this qualification, you will gain a licence to practise and it is intended that learners will be able to enter the workforce as Early Years Educators.
You can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as an Assistant in Children’s Centres, Practitioner in Nursery Schools, Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools, and preschool worker. You can also progress to Higher Level Qualifications.
Delivered online and through work placement observations.
Price and Funding
If you meet the following criteria listed below you can be fully funded for this course, subject to eligibility:
- Aged 19 plus
- London Resident
- Must been living in UK for minimum 3 years.
- Unemployed or Employed (if employed not earning over London Living Wage of £23,300 per annum)
- Must have voluntary work experience placement or employed with childcare provider.
You will be advised regarding your eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
This course can be self-funded or you can apply for help with the cost through an Advanced Learner Loan. More information about the loan can be found here.
19 or over.