Breakdown of Hours
This course is delivered flexibly online through independent self-study. You will also have regular one-to-one sessions with your assessor, arranged at a time and date to suit you. You will also communicate through Teams, emails and phone appointments to keep you on track to achieve your qualification.
10- 12 Months.
Welcome to the exciting world of health and social care! Are you ready to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others? Our Level 3 Diploma Access to Higher Education – Health & Social Care is designed specifically for adults aged 19 and over who are passionate about creating positive change in our society.
In this dynamic program, you will embark on a transformative journey to gain the qualifications you need to kick-start your career in health and social care. We believe that professionals in this field have the power to provide vital support and assistance to those who need it most. If you believe that you could make a difference by working in health and social care, then this course is for you.
Health and Social Care workers support individuals who are at risk, unwell, and those with specific medical needs. They also support families, young people, the elderly and the seriously ill in several ways. Through our comprehensive curriculum, you will develop the skills and knowledge to become a valued health and social care worker. Your role will involve empowering others to maintain good physical and mental health, fostering independent living, and supporting families during challenging times.
By enrolling in our Level 3 Diploma Access to Higher Education – Health and Social Care course, you open doors to a multitude of exciting opportunities and study a related degree at university. The Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to three A Levels, making it widely recognized by universities as an essential qualification for degree programs in related fields and most universities accept it as part of their entry requirements. It’s always a good idea to check with your preferred institution to confirm their specific requirements.
With the knowledge you gain through this course, you could pursue many important roles that relate to health and social care. Support work, community development, health promotion and nursing are just a few of the options that would be available to you.
With the knowledge you gain through this course, you’ll discover a world of fascinating topics. You will learn about human health in topics that explore cell biology, nutrition, and illness. You will also delve into how human health can be adversely affected by poverty, mental health disorders, substance abuse, and other issues. You’ll gain a deep understanding of the factors that can shape health outcomes, allowing you to make informed decisions and interventions.
Moreover, our program provides you with invaluable guidance on how to excel academically. We’ll equip you with essential study skills and offer specialised support on completing a successful UCAS application. With our comprehensive preparation, you’ll be ready to pursue a fantastic degree programme and further expand your horizons.
Please note that this course is intensive and demands dedication. You’ll have an extensive workload that requires research and completing assignments. But don’t worry, our team of experienced teachers is committed to your success and will provide one-on-one support throughout your journey.
Here’s a glimpse into some of the captivating subjects you’ll explore during the course:
- Academic Writing Skills.
- Health and Wellbeing.
- Cell Biology.
- The History of the National Health Service.
- Human Nutrition & The Digestive System.
- The Roles & Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse.
- Introduction to Psychology.
- Social Factors in Health and Social Care.
- Understanding Dementia.
- Mental Health and Illness.
- Human Immunity.
- Understanding Poverty.
- Health Promotion.
- Equality and Diversity within Healthcare.
Get ready to embark on a rewarding journey that will shape your future career in health and social care.
Who is this course for?
If you've long held a burning ambition to pursue a career in healthcare but found that life's circumstances hindered your path, or if the field of Health & Social Care has recently captivated your interest as a promising career option, you've come to the right place. LLCs Level 3 Diploma Access to Higher Education in Health & Social Care is specifically designed to empower individuals who are seeking a career switch but lack the desired qualifications. With our comprehensive programme, you can seamlessly make the transition and embark on a fulfilling journey in the Health and Social Care Sector.
- With our course delivered 100% online, you have the freedom to study whenever and wherever suits you best. Say goodbye to rigid schedules and hello to flexibility.
- Take control of your learning journey and set your own pace. Whether you prefer to dive into the material intensively or spread it out over time, you have the autonomy to tailor your study schedule to your individual needs.
- Gain invaluable guidance and support from a dedicated personal tutor who will be there for you every step of the way. They will provide assistance, answer your questions, and ensure you stay motivated and focused on your educational goals.
- We understand that transitioning to higher education can be daunting. That's why our course offers personalised assistance to help ease your journey. Our team will provide you with the tools and guidance necessary to succeed in higher education and pursue your dream career.
- Upon completion of the course, you will be awarded a qualification that holds the same weight as three A Levels. This achievement not only showcases your knowledge and skills but also enhances your eligibility for various degree programmes.
- Our course serves as an effective method of fulfilling university admission criteria. Most universities recognise and accept our nationally recognised qualifications, opening doors to higher education institutions.
- By successfully completing this course, you will earn a nationally recognised qualification that carries substantial weight in the industry. This qualification significantly enhances your prospects of securing a rewarding career in the vital and impactful field of health and social care.
Enrol in our course today and unlock a world of possibilities in the Health and Social Care industry, all while enjoying the convenience, support, and recognition that come with it.
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Level 1 Functional Skills Maths or GCSE in Maths and English (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above or be working towards them alongside studying your Access to Higher Education Diploma.
- GCSE Biology or Science at grade A*-C/9-4.
- A good level of ICT skills (most assignments will need to be typewritten and you will be learning online).
Assessment requirements - A range of assessment methodologies are used, including: academic reports, essays, case study analysis, illustrated mind maps, illustrated reports, worksheets, journal articles, portfolios, academic posters, presentations (video and audio recordings), revision guides, series of questions, academic writing skills tasks
To achieve the Access to HE Diploma (Health and Social Care) learners must achieve:
- 45 credits which must be graded, academic subject content at Level 3 only,
- 15 credits which must be either at Level 2 or Level 3 ungraded.
As part of our approval process with the awarding organisation (AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group), the rules of combination for each diploma have been checked and agreed. This is to ensure that the units that appear in your programme provide you with the correct combination of graded and ungraded units and enable you to achieve the 60 credits required for the full diploma.
The focus of these units is to develop the study skills you are going to need to help you to complete your Access programme, as well as skills that you need to develop in preparation for study at university. These are completed predominantly at the beginning of your programme. There are no grades applied to these units – you will therefore either Pass or Refer.
Some of the ungraded units included in your Diploma are subject related to enable you to develop your academic writing skills before you progress to the graded units.
These are subject-specific units and each will attract either 3 or 6 credits. On the first page of the study materials for these units, it will state that the unit is graded and how many credits it is worth. These units are graded as either Pass, Merit or Distinction. The grade descriptors that are used for marking purposes can also be found on this page. You will therefore be able to see what you need to do in order to achieve a Merit or Distinction grade. Should your preferred university require you to achieve a certain number of credits at Merit or Distinction, it is these units where you need to focus your attention on achieving the higher grades required.
Access to HE Level 3 Diploma (Health & Social Care) course, AIM Qualifications and Assessment Group.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
By studying this Access to Higher Education Diploma, you will be able to progress to degree-level study. If you opt to enrol on a degree course that is in health and social care or related, you could go on to work in a role that is rewarding and fulfilling.
There are a range of degrees that you can study to help you towards your career goal. With the knowledge you gain from your Access to Higher Education Diploma, you will be able to use it as a foundation for further learning. With your Level 3 qualification, you could potentially apply to enrol on the following degree subjects:
- Health Studies
- Health and Social Care
- Social Work
With a degree, you could pursue a range of job roles within the health and social care sector, including the following:
- Social Worker
- Community Development Worker
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Health Service Manager
- Medical Sales Representative
Further Qualifications and Prospects
It is important to note that some roles will require further study and training. For example, if you want to become an Occupational Therapist, you will need a specialist degree or postgraduate qualification. You will also need to be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). Some individuals who study health and social care-related degrees go on to become a Counsellor. If you are interested in this route, then you will need to undergo specialist training, preferably through a course that is accredited by a counselling professional body.
This course is delivered Online.
Online Learning is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor but without attending lessons in a classroom setting. This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Learners work through an online platform to study and complete their course work which is then marked and graded.
You will meet with your pastoral tutor to give you support and complete an individual action plan. Your tutor will give you advice about time management to support you with your career goals.
Price and Funding
This course is funded through the Advanced Learning Loan, subject to eligibility criteria. Visit the Government Website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan
Alternatively, you can self-fund. Payments in instalments are available.
You will be advised regarding your eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
Your loan will be written off by the Student Loans Company when you achieve your degree.