Breakdown of Hours
On demand - learners are expected to study 5hrs per week for 12-16 weeks.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
Every year, one in ten hospital patients develops a healthcare-associated infection during their stay in a UK hospital. Approximately 5,000 patients die as a direct result of one of these infections. In most cases, these infections are difficult to treat and can complicate any other current or previous illnesses that a patient has, as well as cause distress for the individual and their family. Taking this course can help tackle the outbreak of infection in hospitals and healthcare settings, by helping you understand the causes and spread of infection and how you can help to control it.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings.
- Unit 2: Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings.
- Unit 3: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings.
- Unit 4: Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting.
Who is this course for?
Infection prevention is crucial to saving lives; which is why this course is of high importance to any existing or new healthcare employees. The information contained in the course is vital to anyone who wishes to work in the healthcare sector in the future.
During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way. In addition, you will have access to support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies. Our online learning materials are high quality, interactive and accessible in different formats to ensure you will be successful with whatever you choose to study.
- You must live in the UK to apply for this course.
- There are no specific sector-recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- Learners should be working at Level 1 for English and Entry Level 3 for Maths.
As this is a qualification that is delivered entirely online, the assessments will be through our online platform. Each unit has an assessment that will be marked by your tutor, with feedback given as required.
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings, NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into further learning and qualifications such as:
- Diploma in Adult care
- Certificate in Healthcare
Some learners may find employment in the Adult Care sector.
LLC Online Learning is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor, but without attending lessons in a classroom setting.
This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.