Breakdown of Hours
On demand - learners are expected to study 5hrs per week for 12-16 weeks.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
In 2012, 52% of all deaths occurred in a hospital, yet hospitals were ranked the lowest in terms of the overall quality of care provided during the end of life period. In the same year, hospices were ranked as offering the highest quality of care during the end of life period, with care homes a close second, and the home third. By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification but will also prove to any current or future employer that you have the willingness and enthusiasm to go that extra mile in order to provide the best care for people during this sensitive and emotional time of their lives.
What you will learn?
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understanding end of life care.
- Unit 2: Communication during end of life care.
- Unit 3: Assessment and care planning in end of life care.
- Unit 4: Person-centred approaches to end of life care.
- Unit 5: Care during the final hours of life and bereavement care.
Who is this course for?
This qualification will provide learners who are already working, or who are intending to work, in the health and social care sector, with knowledge and understanding of end of life care in order to support their role and develop their career.
- Gain a nationally-recognised qualification.
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry.
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
- During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way. In addition, you will have access to additional support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies. Our online learning materials are high quality, interactive and accessible in different formats to ensure you will be successful with whatever you choose to study.
- You must live in the UK to apply for this course.
- There are no specific sector-recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- Learners should be working at Level 1 for English and Entry Level 3 for Maths.
As this is a qualification that is delivered entirely online, the assessments will be through our online platform. Each unit has an assessment that will be marked by your tutor, with feedback given as required.
Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care, NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into further learning and qualifications such as:
- Diploma in Adult care
- Certificate in Healthcare
Some learners may find employment in the Adult Care sector.
LLC Online Learning is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor but without attending lessons in a classroom setting.
This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.