Breakdown of Hours
On demand - learners are expected to study 5hrs per week for 12-16 weeks
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
A new case of dementia arises somewhere in the world every four seconds. Dementia not only affects the individual themselves but can also devastate their family, friends and entire lifestyle. Whether you are looking to start or develop a career in the care industry, or you simply want to know more about dementia for personal reasons, this course is the perfect place to start, as it explores crucial elements of the different types of dementia. The knowledge you will gain from this course could help you care for a friend or relative with dementia and enhance your understanding of their needs and behaviour.
This course is split into seven manageable units:
- Unit 1: Dementia awareness.
- Unit 2: Person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia.
- Unit 3: Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia.
- Unit 4: Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care.
- Unit 5: Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach.
- Unit 6: Understand behaviour in the context of dementia.
- Unit 7: Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in social care.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for those working in the care profession, or anyone looking into a career in this field of work. This qualification is also suitable for home carers or anyone who has an interest in learning more about dementia.
- Gain a nationally-recognised qualification.
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the customer service industry.
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
- During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way. In addition, you will have access to additional support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies. Our online learning materials are high quality, interactive and accessible in different formats to ensure you will be successful with whatever you choose to study.
- You must live in the UK to apply for this course.
- There are no specific sector-recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- Learners should be working at Level 1 for English and Entry Level 3 for Maths.
As this is a qualification that is delivered entirely online, the assessments will be through our online platform. Each unit has an assessment that will be marked by your tutor, with feedback given as required.
Level 2 Certificate in The Principles of Dementia Care, NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into further learning and qualifications such as:
- Diploma in Adult care
- Certificate in Healthcare
Some learners may find employment in the Adult Care sector.
LLC Online Learning is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor but without attending lessons in a classroom setting.
This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.