Breakdown of Hours
Classroom 9:30 am to 3:00 pm (1h lunch break). 1 day per week. At least 2 days per week Work Placement in a School or College setting.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
The Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is for those who want to gain a full qualification to work as a Teaching Assistant in a school. Learners should be aware that this course is subject to DBS checks as it includes a mandatory work placement. The course covers areas such as:
- Employability skills.
- Providing learning support.
- Child and young person development.
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people.
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people.
- Helping improve own and team practice in schools.
- Maintaining and supporting relationships with children and young people.
- Supporting children and young people’s health and safety.
- Supporting children and young people.
- Positive behaviour.
- Supporting learning activities.
- Schools as organisations.
Who is this course for?
For those who are interested in working within a school or college, particularly in the role of a Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant.
- Provides you with the qualification required to become a teaching assistant in a primary or secondary school.
- Includes a work placement to help you build your practical skills.
- In many instances, this can lead to working full-time in local schools.
- Can lead to a rewarding and flexible career fitting in with family or other commitments.
- Delivered in small groups in the classroom with extensive tutor support.
- Gain an accredited qualification.
- Nationally recognised.
- Access to high-quality resources.
- Unlimited support from qualified tutors.
- The course is modular to help you build your confidence and skills.
- You must be working at Entry Level 3 for Maths and at least working towards Level 1 for English in order to keep up with the work on the programme.
- You must also have completed the Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools.
- You should also be aware that you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check as part of your mandatory work placement.
- Your enhanced DBS check can be funded by LLC (subject to eligibility).
- If you are joining an online classroom course then you should have IT skills at Entry Level to enable you to access your classroom sessions.
All units will be individually assessed by LLC tutors using a range of assessment methods, creating a portfolio of evidence and will be moderated. You will also be required to complete placement observations with your tutor.
Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools City & Guilds
Career Opportunities and Further Study
At the end of this course, learners will be able to apply for employment in Schools or Colleges as a Teaching Assistant, and or apply to do the City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma In Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools as a progression route.
Classroom Online. We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning.
You can still expect the same high standards of support from our tutors, who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of online seminars and online classes. You can also expect regular one-to-one support via e-mail and phone calls.
You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £913 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.