Breakdown of Hours
9.30 am – 3.30 pm (30 minutes lunch)
1 day a week for 12 weeks.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of equality and diversity in the context of SEND and legislation and guidance that helps promote this. Learners will also look at how a person-centred approach can benefit individuals living with SEND, how SEND conditions can affect learning and how to support those living with SEND and their families.
Units which will be covered are:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Unit 2: Understanding equality and diversity in the context of SEND
- Unit 3: Principles of promoting a person-centred approach for individuals with SEND
- Unit 4: Understanding SEND and learning
- Unit 5: Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who wishes to develop an in-depth knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), particularly in order to progress into related employment in education or health and social care settings. Anyone who currently works in the Education Sector and Health and Social Care Sector would also benefit from the course, as well as anyone with a personal need for or interest in developing a more detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- This course is delivered as an online classroom.
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- Increase your awareness of SEND and be able to better support individuals with SEND in your everyday life and in a work setting.
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the Education or Health and Social Care sectors.
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development.
- Learners must be aged 19+
- You must live in the UK to apply for this course.
Assessments will be marked by an allocated tutor who will provide you with detailed feedback. You will be assessed against criteria where all learning outcomes of the course have to be covered; your tutor will give you guidance for this.
Level 2 Certificate in Special Educational Needs and Disability, TQUK.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
A career within schools, nurseries and childcare provider settings for such roles but not limited to Teaching Assistant, Support Worker, nursery/preschool worker and more. In addition. this may also be useful for those working in the Health and care sector with individuals who have SEND requirements.
Classroom Online: We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning. You can still expect the same high support standards from our tutors who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of online seminars and online classes. You can also expect regular one-to-one support via e-mail and phone calls. You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England for a minimum of 1 year unless you have refugee status (special exemptions for Ukrainian and Afghani learners).
- Unemployed or employed not earning over £23,300 per annum.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.