Breakdown of Hours
9:30 am to 3:00 pm (30min lunch break). 1 day per week. 24 taught sessions in total.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
There are many factors that can impact children and young people at different stages of their development. It is important to understand what these factors are, as well as the ways in which children’s and young people’s development can be enhanced through activity and interaction. Throughout this qualification, you will explore how children’s development can be influenced by factors such as nutrition and gain an understanding of the various safeguarding responsibilities of those who care for children and young people. You will also discover the importance of activities, play and interaction, and learn how to contribute positively to the development of children and young people at different stages.
This course is split into five manageable units:
Unit 1: Young children’s development
Unit 2: The value of play to young children
Unit 3: Importance of play for early learning
Unit 4: Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
Unit 5: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
Who is this course for?
This qualification does not qualify you to work but does support you in preparing for your 'next steps' either in training or moving towards work. This course is suitable for anyone currently working with, or intending to work with children and young people, or anyone who wishes to increase their understanding of care for these age groups. The qualification can also be used to complement a personal or voluntary role working with children and young people.
- Become more specialised in your field of choice.
- Nationally recognised accredited qualification.
- The first step to progressing onto higher educational job roles.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
- During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way.
- You will have access to additional support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies.
- Our online learning materials are high quality, interactive and accessible in different formats to ensure you will be successful with whatever you choose to study.
- You should be at least working towards Level 1 for English and Entry Level 3 for Maths.
- Learners may find it beneficial if they have already achieved a level 1 qualification in the same or related subject area.
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks, course work or methods such as oral questioning.
Level 2 Certificate in Introducing Caring for Children and Young People, NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Learners completing this qualification can progress to the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce or the Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care. Both of these qualifications will provide you with a license to practise and qualify you fully to work in this sector.
This course can be delivered Online or in Classroom Online.
Online Learning: it is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor but without attending lessons in a classroom setting. This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Classroom Online: We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning. You can still expect the same high support standards from our tutors who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of online seminars and online classes. You can also expect regular one-to-one support via e-mail and phone calls.
You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.