Breakdown of Hours
For classroom online: 1 day per week 9.30 am – 3.00 pm (30mins lunch)
For Online: On-demand. Learners are expected to study 6hrs per week for 12 - 15 weeks.
12 to 15 weeks.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively.
The information, advice or guidance course (IAG) online course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors. The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded and there is no external exam.
The Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance is internally assessed by LLC.
Units which will be covered in the course:
- Information, advice or guidance in practice.
- Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance.
- Signposting and referral in information, advice, or guidance.
- Information, advice, or guidance in a context.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a role which involves the giving of information, advice or guidance. The knowledge gained by carrying out this qualification is transferable across a wide range of sectors, allowing you to apply it to your own employment.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification.
- Increase understanding of accurate record-keeping.
- Effective signposting and referral.
- Further your personal and professional development.
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college.
- Study how values, attitudes and beliefs can affect interactions.
- Improve your understanding of effective communication techniques.
- Develop interaction and interpersonal skills.
- Learn how to comply with the law.
- Manage information, including storage and retrieval.
Available for learners aged 19+, unemployed or employed not earning over £23,300 per annum and must be living in the UK for a minimum of 1 year unless they have refugee status (special exemptions for Ukrainian and Afghani learners).
The Level 2 Certificate in Information, Advice or Guidance is internally assessed by LLC with the following methods:
- Case studies.
- Professional discussion.
Level 2 Certificate in Information Advice and Guidance course (IAG), NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Type of jobs that utilise and implement IAG:
- Contact Centre Advisor.
- Independent Financial Advisors.
- Insurance and Mortgage Brokers.
- Learning Support Teams.
- Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Tutors.
- Key Workers & Nurses.
- Welfare Officers, Support Workers, and Youth Workers.
- Care Assistants.
- Recruitment Consultants.
- Training Advisor/Assessor.
- Citizens Advice Bureau Staff, Local Authority Contact Centres.
- Probation Officers, and Youth Offending Officers.
This course can be delivered Online or in Classroom Online.
Online Learning: it is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor but without attending lessons in a classroom setting. This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Classroom Online: We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning. You can still expect the same high support standards from our tutors who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of online seminars and online classes. You can also expect regular one-to-one support via e-mail and phone calls.
You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course at the same level.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England for a minimum of 1 year unless you have refugee status (special exemptions for Ukrainian and Afghani learners).
- Unemployed or employed not earning over £23,300 per annum.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.