Breakdown of Hours
On demand - learners are expected to study 5hrs per week for 12-16 weeks.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
Did you know that one in four British adults experiences at least one diagnosable mental health problem each year? The most common is mixed anxiety and depression, but there are many other issues which have a huge impact on a person’s life and the people around them.
Anyone who works around people with mental health problems needs to understand each condition fully. Likewise, anyone who has seen someone experience mental health problems would benefit from understanding the meaning, causes, effects, symptoms and management of the condition. This nationally recognised qualification covers all of these aspects and is the perfect place to start.
What you will learn:
This course is split into thirteen manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understanding Mental Health
- Unit 2: Understanding Stress
- Unit 3: Understanding Anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding Phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding Depression
- Unit 6: Understanding Post-Natal Depression
- Unit 7: Understanding Bipolar Disorder
- Unit 8: Understanding Schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding Dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding Eating Disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
During your online learning course with LLC, you will be allocated a personal tutor who will support you every step of the way. In addition, you will have access to support when you need it to make sure you can be successful with your studies. Our online learning materials are high quality, interactive and accessible in different formats to ensure you will be successful with whatever you choose to study.
Who is this course for?
The qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of mental health problems, the factors that cause mental ill-health and the ways that mental health problems can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area; anyone who wants to secure a job linked to mental health and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
- Online delivery and assessment.
- Study from anywhere, at any time.
- Gain an accredited level 2 qualification.
- Nationally recognised.
- Access to an award-winning e-learning platform.
- Perfect for beginners who are interested in learning more about mental health.
- Unlimited support from qualified tutors.
- Supplement your knowledge and skills to enable you to progress in your career.
- You must live in the UK to apply for this course.
- There are no specific sector-recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- Learners should be working at Level 1 for English and Entry Level 3 for Maths.
As this is a qualification that is delivered entirely online, the assessments will be through our online platform. Each unit has an assessment that will be marked by your tutor, with feedback given as required.
Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems, NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
LLC Online Learning is a way of accessing qualifications and courses, fully supported by a personal tutor, but without attending lessons in a classroom setting.
This means you can complete your studies in the comfort of your own home, giving you the opportunity to recap on your studies as often as you need to.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £811 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.