Breakdown of Hours
9:30 am to 3:00 pm (30 mins lunch break). 1 day per week.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools will suit you if you are already working in a school and want a qualification that provides you with a stepping stone to becoming fully qualified. This course will improve your skills and develop your career. It is also for anyone who wants to take that first step in working towards gaining a qualification to work as a Teaching Assistant in a school. The course covers areas such as:
- Safeguarding in schools
- Health and safety knowledge
- Child development
- Positive behaviour
- Schools as an organisation
- Study skills
You must also top up your qualification and complete the Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools to be fully qualified as a Teaching Assistant.
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone who is interested in starting or developing a career working as a Teaching Assistant in schools.
- A knowledge-based qualification.
- A great stepping stone towards becoming a fully qualified Teaching Assistant.
- Provides a sound knowledge base to progress to the Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
- Ideal to support first stage development of a career that is highly rewarding and can be flexible to support childcare needs.
- Delivered in small groups in the classroom with extensive tutor support.
- Gain an accredited qualification.
- Nationally recognised.
- Access to high-quality resources.
- Unlimited support from qualified tutors.
- The course is modular to help you build your confidence and skills.
- You must be working at Entry Level 3 for Maths and at least working towards Level 1 for English in order to keep up with the work on the programme.
- You should also be aware that to progress to the next level and be fully qualified as a Teaching Assistant, you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check as part of your work placement.
- If you are joining an online classroom course then you should have IT skills at least at Entry Level to enable you to access your classroom sessions.
All units will be individually assessed by LLC tutors using a range of assessment methods creating a portfolio of evidence.
Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools, NCFE.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
At the end of this course, learners will be able to apply for the NCFE Level 2 Certificate In Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools as a progression route, however, they should be aware that it is subject to DBS checks as this course includes a mandatory work placement.
Classroom Online. We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning.
You can still expect the same high standards of support from our tutors, who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of online seminars and online classes. You can also expect regular one-to-one support via e-mail and phone calls.
You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £504 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.