Breakdown of Hours
9:30 am to 3:00 pm (30min lunch break). 1 day per week. 12 sessions in total.
The application process for our programme is now open, and you can secure your spot by joining our waiting list. Once we have reached the minimum number of learners required, we will let you know the official start date.
Don't miss this opportunity to be part of our upcoming class. Reserve your place today!
The Level 2 Award for Learning Support Practitioners qualification, is for people working in education or looking to develop in a learning support role. It is underpinned by the National Occupational Standards for learning support staff and supports the professionalisation of the learning support workforce.
The award prepares the learner for supporting learning in a wide range of contexts. It is useful for those wishing to try out the role and others who have learning support as a small part of their wider work role.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to improve their knowledge and skills in providing learning support in the Education Sector. This course will support them to gain employment and progress in their chosen career.
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification accredited by City and Guilds and accepted by sector employers.
- Flexible methods of delivery which enable you to work around other commitments.
- Support from highly qualified and sector-experienced tutors.
- Can lead to a rewarding and flexible career fitting in with family or other commitments.
- Delivered in small groups in the classroom with extensive tutor support.
- Access to high-quality resources.
- The course is modular to help you build your confidence and skills.
- There are no specific sector-recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they've already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
- Learners should be working at Level 1 for English and Entry Level 3 for Maths.
- If you are joining an online classroom course then you should have IT skills at Entry Level to enable you to access your classroom sessions.
All units will be individually assessed by LLC tutors using a range of assessment methods creating a portfolio of evidence.
Level 2 Award for Learning Support Practitioners, City & Guilds.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
This award can act as a stepping stone for those in learning support or other related volunteer roles wishing to progress to the certificate or prepare for teaching qualifications.
Classroom Online. We have adapted our classroom courses to online learning.
You can still expect the same high standards of support from our tutors, who will continue to deliver classroom-based courses in the format of online seminars and online classes. You can also expect regular one-to-one support via e-mail and phone calls.
You will need internet access and a working tablet, laptop or PC.
Price and Funding
This course could be fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
If you wish to pay for this course the commercial price is £336 and you can do it in instalments.
To be eligible for full funding, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be aged 19 or over.
- Must not have previously completed this course.
- Must have been living in the EU for the last 3 years.
- Must live in England.
If you are working you may also be eligible for part funding or choose to pay for your course.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.
19 or over.