Breakdown of Hours
Monday – Friday 9.30 am - 4.30 pm (breaks in between).
Are you ready to dive into the fascinating world of coding and cyber security? Our Coding & Cyber Security Study Programme is specifically designed for young minds like yours, aged 16-18 (or up to 24 with an Education, Health and Care Plan -EHCP), who are eager to explore these cutting-edge fields.
Get ready to acquire essential skills that will pave the way for a successful career in the industry. In our coding classes, you’ll delve into captivating topics such as coding principles, software development cycles, coding terminology, and key principles of writing code. Discover different coding types, learn best practices, explore testing methods, and dive into the exciting world of the DevOps process and project management in coding.
In our Cyber Security classes, you’ll enhance your knowledge and understanding of crucial topics. Explore the terminology used in cyber security, delve into the legal and ethical aspects of this field, understand common threats to cyber security, and discover methods of maintaining a secure digital environment.
This course is your essential stepping stone to higher education and a rewarding career in coding or an IT-related role. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge needed to thrive in the digital age.
We’ve got your back when it comes to English and Maths. Even if you haven’t achieved a GCSE grade C (or equivalent), we’ll provide the support you need to excel. Plus, get ready for real-world work placements that will give you hands-on experience. Prepare for the exciting challenges of the professional world and develop your personal skills along the way.
Get ready for an engaging mix of classroom learning and practical projects. You won’t just learn theories; you’ll put your knowledge into practice and see real results.
And here’s the best part: we’ve established strong partnerships with employers from diverse industries. This means you’ll have the incredible opportunity to gain work experience in an industry that sparks your interest. Imagine getting a glimpse into the professional world, making connections, and opening doors to exciting future prospects.
So, are you ready to unleash your coding and cyber security potential? Join our captivating Study Programme today and let’s embark on this thrilling journey together!
Who is this course for?
Study Programmes are a great option if you are:
- 16-18 years old (or up to 24 with an EHCP).
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and ready to start or develop your career.
- Interested in Coding and Cyber Security.
- Interested in improving your existing English and Maths qualifications. Depending on your particular needs, we are able to offer a variety of support ensuring you succeed to the best of your ability.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
- Help with travel and lunch expenses.
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry.
- Eligible to work in England.
- Have little or no work experience but are motivated to work.
- Aged 16 to 18 (or up to 24 with an EHCP).
- Learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 Digital Skills or Information Technology-related qualification.
- Class discussions/debates.
- Practical tasks/projects.
- Written tasks.
- L2 Certificate in Coding, NCFE.
- L2 Certificate in Cyber Security, NCFE.
- Functional skills English/GCSE English, City & Guilds/Pearsons.
- Functional Skills Maths/GCSE Maths, City & Guilds/Pearsons.
- Employability Skills, Highfield.
Career Opportunities and Further Study
Where could this take you?
- Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices
- L3 Certificate in Cyber Security
- Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in IT User Skills
You can also seek employment in an IT-related role.
Depending on where you live, face-to-face sessions will take place either at our Croydon Campus: LLC, Christopher Wren Yard, 119 High Street, CR0 1QG or at our Ilford Campus located on the 4th floor, Forest House, 16-20 Clements Road, Ilford, IG1 1BA.
Price and Funding
Fully funded for those who are 16 - 18 (or up to 24 with an Education, Health and Care Plan -EHCP) who are unemployed or on a low salary, lived in the UK for the 3 previous years, and must be able to fully commit to a full-time programme.
- A 16- to 18-year-old student is a student who is aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August 2023. Such students are normally eligible for ESFA young people’s funding, subject to the other regulations in this guidance.
- To maintain eligibility for funding for individual students during a learning programme, a wider definition is used by the funding bodies. A student who was aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August at the start of the funding year when they began a learning programme, as recorded on their learning agreement, continues to be funded as a 16 to 18-year-old student. If they become 19 years old during their learning programme such students are funded at 16 to 18 rates to complete their learning programmes.
- A learning programme comprises all of a student’s activities that lead to a set of outcomes agreed with the student as part of their information, advice and guidance (IAG) process. A learning programme may be composed of one or more learning aims and may span more than one funding year. A learning programme will generally be centred around learning aims at a single level, with a minority of, if any, learning aims at a different level being used to support the wider needs of the student (for example, a GCSE in mathematics may be appropriate for a student studying non-mathematical A levels). An A-level subject taken over 2 years is a single learning programme, (as is an AS level and an A level in the same subject) whereas progression from GCSEs to A levels is 2 separate learning programmes.
- Students aged 19 to 24 on 31 August 2023 that have an EHC Plan are eligible for young people’s funding by ESFA, subject to the other paragraphs in this guidance. All other students aged 19 and over on 31 August 2023 would not normally be funded at young people’s rates.
You will be advised regarding your funding eligibility by an LLC Recruitment Advisor.