ESF Community Grants
European Social Fund – Community Grants Contract – London South
The Education and Skills Funding Agency has contracted with London learning Consortium to act as a managing agent and to make ESF Community Grants available in the form of small grants (up to £20,000) to third sector and other small organisations for the purpose of mobilising disadvantaged or excluded unemployed and inactive people to enable their progress towards employment. Organisations that access grants need to be well placed to reach excluded individuals facing barriers, which hinder their access to mainstream provision Grants will:
• engage with marginalised individuals and support them to re-engage with education, training, or employment;
• will support a range of activities aimed at assisting the disadvantaged or excluded to move closer to the labour market by improving their access to mainstream ESF and domestic employment and skills provision; and
• will provide support to the hardest to reach communities and individuals, especially those from deprived communities, to access employment or further learning and training.
To be successful in applying for a Community Grant you must be a Third Sector Organisation (any size which operates within the Third Sector) or Small Organisation (Employ fewer than 49 full time equivalent staff and have an annual turnover or balance sheet equal to or below EUR 10 million).
You must also work with some of the following 16+ service users:
• Participants over 50 years of age
• Participants with disabilities
• Participants from an ethnic minority
• Participants who are Women
• Groups with low labour market participation
• Migrants and refugees,
All participants must be either of the following:
• Inactive = Not in employment and not registered as unemployed.
• Unemployed = Persons who are without work, available for work and actively seeking work.
You must deliver services in one or more of the following boroughs of South London:
• Kingston upon Thames
• Richmond upon Thames
You must also offer some of the following types of activities for your service users:
• Outreach and engagement activities
• Motivational activities
• Skills and training support
• Information, Advice and Guidance
• Support to remove barriers to labour market participation or engagement in learning
• Support to address poor basic digital skills
• Signposting and referral to specialist advice and support services
• Employability support
• Volunteering and Work placements
• Action research
• Job Brokerage
If your organisation is eligible to apply for ESF Community Grants funding under London’s Community Grants Programme please contact London Learning Consortium to find out more.
London Learning Consortium (LLC) has a track record of demonstrating the strategic and local impact of community projects and grant funding on the communities and lives of Londoners and as a part of this LLC has been awarded a contract to manage ESF Community Grant funding for London South.
The LLC Community Grants Strategy 2019 is available for download here: LLC COMMUNITY GRANTS STRATEGY 2019
The closing date for London South Expression of Interest (EOI) to be submitted is 12th of April 2019.
You can download the London South EOI here: ESF Grants – London South – Expression of Interest
If you would like to find out more then please contact LLC via the following details:
LLC Community Grants Project Manager
Tel: 0208 774 4040