Dear London Provider
London Learning Consortium (LLC) is our City’s only established independent Third Sector Adult Education ESFA Prime. LLC has a strong track record and infrastructure to deliver a range of skills, education and employment programmes across the City. For over a decade we have been working jointly with our community partners providing significant funding and support.
Our delivery is rated by OFSTED as ‘Good’ and an independent ESFA satisfaction surveys rated us 10% above the national average. This means we deliver consistently well to our learners and for the employers we work with and all with the help of our local partners.
As you may be aware the Greater London Authority (GLA) now has devolved responsibility for Adult Education Services from 1st August 2019 and this will help support delivery of the Mayor’s skills plan for London as we head into a new future outside the EU.
The GLA has now released the tender for these funds and LLC is going forward as a Sole Lead Bidder for working with unemployed Londoners and those in low pay roles in the City. We see this as a fantastic opportunity, not just for the City but for its dynamic Third Sector also.
We are now seeking community partners to help us improve the skills and lives of Londoners through the delivery of adult education programmes across London. Our preference will be for partners from the Non-Profit and Social Enterprise sectors as we are keen to see London money stay in the City for the benefit of its residents. We are also interested in hearing from Niche Providers whatever their legal form that deliver specifically to sectors and priorities, highlighted in the GLAs Skills Plan.
LLC is holding an open presentation and discussion session at its offices in Croydon on Friday 16th November from 11AM -1PM. This is for existing and potential new providers to attend and meet with us. If you wish to register for this, then please click here http://tiny.cc/LLCAEB
Our EOI process is run in two stages:
Our EOI is open from Tuesday 6th November and close midday on Wednesday 21st November.
If you wish to download and respond to stage 1 please find the download link here:
For those providers who meet our stage 1 EOI we will invite them to take part in the stage 2 of our selection process which opens on Friday 23rd November and closes at Midday on Wednesday 5th December. This stage requires potential partners to provide further detail on aspects such as QAR rates, employer links and specific qualifications. Final partnership offers will be made on Friday 7th December with proposal RSVPs by 3PM Monday 10th December.
LLC is submitting tenders as a Sole Lead Bidder in Central, South and North/East London.
We are focusing on
- Inclusive Labour markets – aiming to increase participation in the labour market and thereby social inclusion, and so funding can be used to support unemployed and economically inactive people to gain the skills and qualifications they need to enable them to enter and sustain employment.
- Skills for Growth – focuses on improving the skills of individuals to meet their employment goals and the needs of the local economy, and so funding can used to provide skills and training to those who are in work but at risk due to skills deficiencies.
This means partners need to be able to offer Londoners one or more of the following:
- English and Maths – up to and including level 2, for individuals aged 19 and above, who have not previously attained a GCSE grade A* - C or grade 4, or higher, and / or
- A first full qualification at level 2 for individuals aged 19 to 23 and / or
- A first full qualification at level 3 for individuals aged 19 – 23
Qualifications/ programmes can be accredited or non-accredited but must lead to progression and improve the social and economic wellbeing of Londoners, and as such our bid will focus on the delivery of ‘work-ready’ skills.
We hope that you will join us on this new initiative for skills delivery in London and we look forward to receiving your stage 1 EOI application or seeing you at our briefing and discussion event.
CEO London Learning Consortium